Tutorials and tools for Tracery, a super-simple tool and language to generate text, by Dr. Kate Compton. Perfect for making fun online bots with tools like Cheap Bots, Toot Sweet! and Cheap Bots, Done Quick!
- Tracery tutorial (by botwiki)
See also: Bots made with Tracery
These tutorials were written for Twitter bots, but you should be able to easily follow along with Cheap Bots, Toot Sweet! for Mastodon. (Here’s a quick guide for setting up Mastodon bots.)
- Making twitter bots using Cheap Bots, Done Quick! (by derek)
- Designing Little Bots With Big Character (by botwiki)
- An Introduction to Twitterbots with Tracery (by botwiki)
- Pizza maker: A Tutorial on Building Twitterbots (by botwiki)
Tools and other resources¶
- Tracery to Twine (by botwiki)
- Twinecery (by botwiki)
- Tracery Writer (by botwiki)
- Bother (by botwiki)
- Tracery editor (by botwiki)
- Mark’s MetaArtbot (by botwiki)
- Cheap Markovs, Traced Quick! (by Serin Delaunay)
- TraceElements (by botwiki)
Latest from the blog
Twitter shutting down free access to their API on February 9
I keep saying it's an end of an era quite often these days.
What kind of bots are posting in the fediverse?
Exploring the bots people make and follow in the fediverse.
Visit the blog