Tutorials and tools for Tracery, a super-simple tool and language to generate text, by Dr. Kate Compton. Perfect for making fun online bots with tools like Cheap Bots, Toot Sweet! and Cheap Bots, Done Quick!
See also: Bots made with Tracery
These tutorials were written for Twitter bots, but you should be able to easily follow along with Cheap Bots, Toot Sweet! for Mastodon. (Here’s a quick guide for setting up Mastodon bots.)
- Making twitter bots using Cheap Bots, Done Quick! (by Derek Ahmedzai)
- Designing Little Bots With Big Character (by Kate Compton)
- An Introduction to Twitterbots with Tracery (by Shawn Graham)
- Pizza maker: A Tutorial on Building Twitterbots (by Tony Veale)
- Tracery Writer (by Beau Gunderson)
- Bother (by Greg Borenstein)
- Tracery editor (by Kate Compton)
- Mark’s MetaArtbot (by Mark Gritter)
- Cheap Markovs, Traced Quick! (by Serin Delaunay)
- TraceElements (by PROSECCO Network)
Latest from the blog
I keep saying it's an end of an era quite often these days.
Visit the blog