API and documentation¶
- Slack Developers (by @SlackAPI)
- Bot Users (by @SlackAPI)
- Slack API Methods (by @SlackAPI)
- Announcements of Slack API changes (by @SlackAPI)
- slackApiDoc (by Erik Kalkoken)
- Create a new Slack app using Botkit Studio and Glitch (by Howdy)
- Botkit is better with Slack’s Events API (by Eric Soelzer)
- How to Build A Slackbot + Deploy an App to Heroku for Absolute Beginners (by @npmjs)
- How to write a Slackbot in 40 lines of code (by Andrew Mager)
- Create a Slack Bot That Privately Greets New Users in 5 Easy Steps (by Iskender Piyale-Sheard)
- Magic Rock Tutorials (by Al Nelson)
See also: starter projects on Glitch.
- Hello PyBot – Python Chat Bots for Slack (by Jeff Kramer)
- How to Build Your First Slack Bot with Python (by Matt Makai)
- Slack Bot With a Django Backend (by Anaek)
- Build a Slack Bot that Mimics Your Colleagues (by Casey Kinsey)
- How to build your own custom Slack app (for non-coders) (by @SlackAPI)
- Serverless Slackbots Powered by AWS (by Kevin Deisz)
- How I Ruined Office Productivity With a Face-Replacing Slack Bot (by Chris Bell)
For more tutorials, see api.slack.com/tutorials.
Frameworks and libraries¶
- Botkit (by Howdy)
- Slack Onboarding Bot (by Glitch)
- node-slack-sdk (by @SlackAPI)
- Slack Block Kit Builder (by @SlackAPI)
- Slack Message Builder (by @SlackAPI)
- Typeform form to Slack dialog converter (by Nicolas Grenie)
See also r/Slack on Reddit.
Latest from the blog
Twitter shutting down free access to their API on February 9
I keep saying it's an end of an era quite often these days.
What kind of bots are posting in the fediverse?
Exploring the bots people make and follow in the fediverse.
Visit the blog