GNU social (previously known as StatusNet and once known as Laconica) is a Free and open source software microblogging server written in PHP that implements the OStatus standard for interoperation between installations. While offering functionality similar to Twitter, GNU social seeks to provide the potential for open, inter-service and distributed communications between microblogging communities. Enterprises and individuals can install and control their own services and data.
Mastodon is a GNU Social-compatible microblogging server.
- Tracery Mastodon Bot (glitch.com)
- Icebox Breakfast Bot: A William Carlos Williams-parodizing Mastodon bot (github.com)
Frameworks and libraries¶
- tracery-mastodon-bot: generative Mastodon bot starter project using Tracery (glitch.com)
- jessicahayley/node-mastodon, a fork of the twit library for the Mastodon API (github.com)
- notoriousbot: bot that posts to Twitter and Mastodon (glitch.com)
- russss/polybot: a framework for making social media bots for multiple networks (github.com)
- halcy/Mastodon.py: Python wrapper for the Mastodon API (github.com)
- halcy/MastodonToTwitter: Mastodon <-> Twitter cross-poster (github.com)
- dtluna/pygnusocial: GNU Social API for Python 3 (gitgud.io)
- markcaudill/bird2gs: Twitter -> GNU Social / postActive Relay Bot
- tootsuite/mastodon-api: Ruby interface for the Mastodon API (github.com)
- botsin.space is specifically dedicated to running bots and is managed by @muffinista.
- Register a Mastodon App (tinysubversions.com)
- Mastodon Bot Directory (info.toot.works)