Alexa, the voice service that powers Echo, provides capabilities, or skills, that enable customers to interact with devices in a more intuitive way using voice. Examples of these skills include the ability to play music, answer general questions, set an alarm or timer and more.
- Alexa (developer.amazon.com)
- Alexa Skills Kit (developer.amazon.com)
- Training for the Alexa Skills Kit (developer.amazon.com)
- Alexa Skill Blueprints (blueprints.amazon.com)
Tutorials and project templates¶
- Alexa Airport Info Skill (glitch.com)
- Writing a Weasley Clock with Alexa (mdickin.com )
- Build an Alexa Skill in 7 Minutes Flat with Node.js and StdLib (hackernoon.com)
- Alexa Twitter DM Skill (glitch.com)
- Build an Alexa Skill in Node.js with Jovo (jovo.tech)
Tutorials using Dexter, a platform that makes connecting third-party APIs easy.
- Alexa Fact Skill (John Keefe via github.com)
- Introduction to Alexa (codecademy.com)
- How to build an Alexa skill – Trivia skill tutorial (developer.amazon.com)
- How to build an Alexa skill – Fact skill tutorial (developer.amazon.com)
- Announcing New Alexa Skill Builder (Beta), a Tool for Creating Skills (developer.amazon.com)
- Having a merry, geeky Christmas… creating an Alexa skill with ASP.Net Web API (tutorials.botsfloor.com)
- How to Bypass Alexa’s NLP and Jump to Warp 10 (Ted Cohn via linkedin.com)
Libraries and frameworks¶
- Alexa (JS): node.js framework for building skills for the Alexa platform (github.com)
- Alexa message builder (Slobodan Stojanovic via github.com)
- allenai/alexafsm: finite-state machine library for building Alexa skills
- alexafsm, A Finite-State Machine Python Library for Building Complex Alexa Skills (Vu Ha via medium.com)
Latest from the blog
Twitter shutting down free access to their API on February 9
I keep saying it's an end of an era quite often these days.
What kind of bots are posting in the fediverse?
Exploring the bots people make and follow in the fediverse.
Visit the blog