Learn how to host bots on Glitch.
📅 5 years ago | Updated 5 months ago
In fact, it’s Stefan’s Twitter bot templates that power many of the Twitter apps on Glitch. His templates provide a useful springboard to the throngs of devs who are eager to quickly create a Twitter app or bot on Glitch, and they’ve already been remixed by more than 350 other app creators.
Creator Spotlight: Building Twitter Bots with Stefan Bohacek (Glitch via medium.com, May 2017)
Glitch officially only supports node.js, but folks have been able to use many other languages, including Python. Also note that using pinging services, formerly a common and accepted practice on the platform, has been banned.
- Creative Bots: a template for making creative online bots, currently supports Twitter, Tumblr, and Mastodon
- Slack Blueprints: project blueprints to kickstart building integrations for Slack
- Slack slash commands template
- Slack Parrot
- Slack IMDB slash command
- Slack Weather slash command
- Message Action and Dialog Blueprint
- BPOLL: Do better polls in Slack
- Tracery Mastodon Bot
- Skype Bot using Bot Builder SDK
- Microsoft Teams
- Discord bot example
- Bottery (learn more on project’s GitHub page)
- Glitch – Frequently Asked Questions (glitch.com)
- Language support on Glitch
- Importing a node.js bot from GitHub to Glitch
- Importing a Python Slack bot from GitHub to Glitch
- Botkit is better with Slack’s Events API (Slack Developer Blog via medium.com)
Latest from the blog
I keep saying it's an end of an era quite often these days.