Botwiki site updates, new bots, and events.
Posted 5 years ago in Site updates
The March 2016 Monthly Bot Hackathon officially kicked off last week — and the theme is film and TV!
Also, don’t forget to vote for your emoji-themed bot from February’s Monthly Bot Challenge!
And lastly, if you’re a making bots for living, I’d love to hear from you!
Bots, libraries and resources
- @cat_in_field is, well, a cat in a field
- MIT’s Twitter bot ‘Deep Drumpf’ uses AI to make Twitter great again
- @365sparkles fills your Twitter feed with sparkles all year round
- @AndromedaBot lets your explore the largest photo from the Hubble Space Telescope
- @findnickisverse is a pretty useful bot for fans of Nicki Minaj
- ryanbateman/vision-bot is a Hubot script for Google’s Vision API
- and here’s a little inspiration for folks into bots on Slack 🙂
- TensorFlow tutorials and code examples for beginners
- Dexter, an online tool that lets you create bots by dragging-and-dropping modules, has now a marketplace (see also: The Beauty Of The Hack)
- Facebook Plans To Open Messenger To Publishers At F8 In April(marketingland.com)
- What happens to a Twitter bot after its maker dies? (fusion.net)
- My Journey From Blindness to Building a Fully Conversational User Interface (Chris Maury via medium.com)
- How We Use Bots in Slack at SparkPost (sparkpost.com)
- Breaking The Fourth Wall In Software (Alex Bunardzic via medium.com)
- Unfundable Slack bots (Bertrand Fan via medium.com)
- 10 Breakthrough Technologies 2016: Conversational Interfaces(technologyreview.com)
- Conversational UI Paradigm (Mike Moir via linkedin.com/pulse)
- The battle to win the “Messaging Race” is a Race that can’t be Won(Robert D’Assisi via medium.com)
- Is deep learning a Markov chain in disguise? (r-bloggers.com)
- The Promise of Artificial Intelligence Unfolds in Small Steps(nytimes.com)
- These bots tweet their own artwork (an interview with Emma Winstonfor cbc.ca)
- And Kip, the creator of an “Artificial Intelligence chatbot that does shopping for you and your team”, is looking for an NLP / Machine Learning Engineer in NYC
Slack is hosting another event at their San Franciso office: this time they invite everyone to Get Inspired to Build a Bot.
And for the generative art folks out there:
The Neukom Institute for Computational Science at Dartmouth College is pleased to announce the first annual Neukom Institute Prizes in Computational Arts. These competitions aim to inspire innovations in computational methods that generate artistic products, such as literary, musical, and visual art.
Learn more at bregman.dartmouth.edu/turingtests.